Monday, November 29, 2010

Blog Post #6 My thanksgiving Break

When you think of Thanksgiving, what comes to mind? I think of a small dining room or kitchen completely crammed full of my family. I think of all my brothers and my sister and all their kids. I image a few of my aunts and uncles stopping by as well. This year that wasn't the case.

This probably has a lot to do with all my Siblings having their own family. They either had thanksgiving at their own home with their children or they went over to their other parent's house. The same could be said about my aunts and uncles minus the other parent part. So this thanksgiving I was surprised that it was just My parents and I. I was still full of a ton of good food and it was nice to spend time with my parents. I was just a little disapointed to not see all my brothers. Oh well, there is still christmas and since I'm the only one who showed up to thanksgiving I automatically get more stuff then everybody else. I wasn't told that, its just logic.

What else happened on my thanksgiving break? Well there was work, but you don't wanna hear about that.

Well I havn't had a coat thoughout the whole fall season. To save money I waited until the time was right to get a good coat. That time was Black Friday. At 1130am I went to Kohls, After getting lucky and finding a close parking spot in a packed parking lot I quickly went in and got my Coat and hat, which would have normally been $140 all together. There were forty people in each of the two checkout lines, but it moved so fast I got out in five minutes. I paid #52 and aparently save 90 bucks. All in all, a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment